Fordhall Community Land Initiative
- Join date: 25/09/2015
- Website: www.fordhallfarm.com
- Tags: Agriculture Events
Who are we?
The Fordhall Community Land Initiative, Market Drayton is an industrial and Provident Society with charitable status owned by over 8000 shareholders and was England’s first community-owned farm in 2006. Today, the Fordhall Community Land Initiative continues to reaffirm the relationship between the landscape and the way it shapes the prosperity of rural communities by demonstrating how small-scale farming is connected to the local economy and offering a viable way of life for generations to come. Fordhall also has an on-site meeting/conference room (up to 60 guests conference style) with Wi-Fi, projectors, screens & flip-charts available. We can provide all catering from a Ploughman’s buffet to a sit down meal, plus guided tours and team building days provided throughout the year.
Why did we become MMBEN supporters?
To create stronger partnerships with other like-minded businesses within our community and increase awareness of our many on-site facilities including catering and a function room for conferences/meetings as well as team building events.
What we do hope to gain from being an MMBEN supporter?
- Opportunity to network with other businesses
- Sharing best practice with other businesses
- Delivering Corporate Social Responsibility Agendas
- Promoting business involvement in local environmental issues
- Learning about sustainability and the environment
- To show we care about the communities that we operate in